Thai Style Fried Rice
3 cups cooked jasmine rice
4 oz chicken strips (white meat)
5 tablespoons fish sauce
2 cups shredded bok choy
1 tbsp minced garlic
2 tbsp minced ginger
2 minced green chilies
1/2 cup diced cucumber
2 scallions chopped
2 cilantro stalk
1 lime cut into wedges
3 tbsp vegetable oil
Before getting started, I must remind you how important it is to not let anything burn when cooking with such high heat. Be organized with your ingredients, prep everything in advance and work safely!
1. Cook rice according to package instructions.
2. Heat oil in a well seasoned wok or large non-stick skillet until smoking. Add ginger and ¾ of the scallion for 30 seconds then add garlic for 20-30 seconds before adding chicken.
3. Chicken will cook very quickly, white meat should take no more than 2-3 minutes and dark meat 3-4 minutes. If unsure remove a large piece of chicken and cut it in half.
4. Add rice and bok choy and cook for 2 minutes. Cook for one minute before adding chilies and fish sauce.
5. Remove rice in to a serving dish. Top with cilantro, cucumber and scallion.