Celery Root and Celery Salad
Yield: 4 people
Prep. Time : 25 minutes
- 2 Stalks Celery - Washed, Shave the celery length wise with a peeler (place in cold water)
- 1/2 Celery Root - Peeled, thinly sliced on mandolin (place in cold water)
- 1 Fuji Apple - Peeled, cut into quarters, remove core and thinly slice on mandolin (place in cold water)
- 1 Apple - Peeled, remove core and cut into medium dice
- 1 tbsp Grainy Mustard
- 1/4 Shallot, Peeled and rough chop
- 2 Garlic Cloves, tail removed
- 1/2 a Lemons worth of juice
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup Sultana raisins
- 1/4 cup Fried Capers
In a stand up blender add apple, mustard, shallot, garlic, lemon juice, and honey. Set blender to medium, then high speed and blend until all ingredients are well incorporated. Slowly stream in the vegetable oil until the dressing has a thicker consistency than water. Season with salt to taste.
Drain the celery, celery root and apple. Place the items in a medium size bowl and dress with the apple dressing. Season with salt to taste and mix.
Lay celery, celery root and apple on a plate, garnish with sultana raisins and fried cappers.