NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER, PLAY OR CLAIM A PRIZE.
A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
OPEN TO ALL LEGAL RESIDENTS OF CANADA.
MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY TO BE ELIGIBLE.
The 2018 Bosch® Review Contest (the “Contest”) is administered by BSH Home Appliances Limited, 6696 Financial Drive, Unit 3, Mississauga, Ontario L5N 7J6 (“Sponsor”)
1. BRIEF OVERVIEW OF THE 2018 BOSCH® REVIEW Contest: The Contest commences on October 1, 2018 on/before 12:59:59 PM Eastern Time and ends on December 31, 2018 at 12:59:59 PM Eastern Time (the “Contest Period”). The Contest consists of two (2) Periodic Prize Drawings. Each individual Periodic Prize Drawing has the Start Date and End Date as set forth in the table below.
(as of 12:00:00 AM EST that day, except Periodic Drawing #1, when the “day” will start at 12:00:00 PM EST)
(as of 11:59:59 PM EST that day)
|Random Drawing Date|
|October 1 – October 31, 2018||October 1, 2018||October 31, 2018||November 14, 2018|
|November 1 - November 30||November 1, 2018||November 30, 2018||December 14, 2018|
|December 1 – December 31, 2018||December 1, 2018||December 31, 2018||January 14, 2019|
2. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to enter this Contest, a person must, during the Contest Period, be a resident of Canada, have reached the age of majority in his/her Province/Territory of residence as of the date of entry and must not be an employee of the Sponsor or their affiliated companies, employees or agents, their respective advertising or promotional agencies, the independent contest organization or a member of any such employee’s immediate family (regardless of where they live) or household (whether related to the employee or not) (collectively, “Sponsors and Others”). In these Contest Rules, “immediate family” includes mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters and/or spouse. THE CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, and is subject to all applicable Federal, Provincial and Municipal laws.
BINDING CONTEST RULES: By entering the Contest, entrants agree to be bound by the Contest's official rules (“Rules”). All decisions of the Sponsor and affiliate judges, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. If it is discovered that an Entrant has registered or attempted to register more than one time per Prize Period using e-mail addresses, telephone numbers or multiple identities, all of the Entrant’s entries will be declared null and void and any prize an Entrant might have been entitled to will not be awarded. For the purposes of this Contest, a “day” shall run from 12:00:00 AM EST to 11:59:59 PM EST, except for October 1, 2018, when the “day” will start on/before 12:00:00 PM EST.
3. HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST: An Entrant must write a review on a Bosch appliance between October 1, 2018 and October 31, 2018 or December 1, 2018 and December 31, 2018. To enter, Entrant must include his/her official first and last name, e-mail address and phone number on their review form. The review form can be found by searching for the product model number or browsing for the product on this page: https://www.bosch-home.ca/en/experience-bosch/writereview. An Entrant may enter the Contest by writing one (1) review per Bosch appliance purchased An Entrant may submit a review for each appliance model purchased, but may not submit multiple or more than one (1) review on the same appliance/model. An Entrant may not enter using multiple e-mail addresses. For any review Entrant submits in connection with the Contest, Entrant agrees to comply with all applicable federal or provincial or municipal laws. By submitting a review Entrant is receiving a chance to win a prize in the Contest.
To enter this contest without writing a review, please send your first and last name, phone number and email address, on a 3.5” x 5” postcard to the following address: The 2018 BOSCH® Review Contest, 219 Dufferin Street, Unit 304A, Toronto, Ontario M6K 3J1. Mailed entries must be post marked by the end date of each period. Only one (1) entry per Prize Period allowed.
4. DRAWING: On the Random Drawing Date for each respective Prize Period, (as shown on the table in Section 1), Sponsor will randomly draw one (1) potential Periodic Prize Drawing winner from the eligible entries collectively received from the Bosch Home Appliances Canada website and from those entries captured via mail during that respective Prize Period. Each Periodic Prize Drawing will be from a pool of all eligible entries submitted during that Prize Period. Non-winning entries from one Periodic Prize Drawing will not carry forward to subsequent Periodic Prize Drawings.
5. PRIZES, APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”) AND ODDS OF WINNING:
A. Periodic Prizes (2): The Periodic Prize is a $200 VISA prepaid card. A maximum of two (2) Periodic Prizes are available to be won. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Periodic Prize is CAD $200.00. Limit one (1) Periodic Prize per household.
B. Odds of Winning: The odds of winning a Periodic Prize depends on the total number of eligible entries received on the Bosch official website and mail-in entries. One (1) winner for each Prize Period will be selected from the eligible entries collectively received from the Bosch Home Appliances Canada website and from those entries captured via mail.
C. Approximate Total Retail Value of all prizes is CAD $ 400.00.
6. HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE, AFFIDAVITS AND RELEASES:
A. Prize Notification: The decisions of the Contest judging organization in all matters related to the selection of a winner in this Contest, including without limitation the selection process to be employed, will be final. The selected Prize Winner will be contacted by telephone or email at the telephone number or email indicated on the entry form. If a selected Entrant cannot be reached after three attempts within 48 hours of the draw, the prize will automatically be forfeited and the prize will be offered to an alternate potential winner selected by the judging organization. An Entrant whose entry is so selected and contacted must, in order to become a winner, correctly answer, unaided, a mathematical skill-testing question, complete, sign and return the Declaration and Release form described below within 5 days from the time it was supplied to the winner, and comply with all of the other Contest Rules. Failure to return the Declaration and Release form or correctly answer the skill-testing question in the time noted, will result in disqualification of the Entrant and an alternate Prize Winner will be selected from the eligible Entrants, until all eligible entrants are exhausted. The skill-testing question will be administered on the Declaration & Release form.
B. Prize Claim: Sponsor shall not be held responsible for any delays in awarding prizes for any reason. Allow 6 to 8 weeks for verification and shipment of the Prize. Prize will only be awarded to verified Winners. Unclaimed prize will not be awarded. Sponsor will pay for shipping the Prize to the Prize Winner’s address on the entry form. Federal, provincial, and municipal taxes on prizes, and any other costs, fees and expenses not listed above as specifically included as part of a prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Prize details and availability are subject to change, in which case a prize of equal value may be substituted at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prizes consist only of the items listed, are non- transferable, with no cash redemption or substitution except at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor is not responsible for illegible, lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, postage due, or undeliverable e-mail or postal mail; or for any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability, or garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/website/use net accessibility, availability, or traffic congestion, or any technical, mechanical, or typographical or other error, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of registration information, or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. Sponsor and Others are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any website users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to any website(s). Sponsor and Others are not responsible for any injury or damage, whether personal or property, to any Entrants or to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest and/or accepting the Prize. If, for any reason, an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed, corrupted or for any other reason not accepted as an entry into this Contest, the Entrant’s sole remedy is to submit another entry. EACH WINNER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE PRIZE IS AWARDED AS-IS. SPONSOR AND OTHERS MAKE NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT AS REGARDS TO THE PRIZES OR ANY COMPONENTS OF THE PRIZES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, AS SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OF EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES.Further, Sponsor and Others are not responsible for, and shall be defended, indemnified, held harmless and released by each Prize Winner against any claims, liabilities, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, injuries, death, losses, costs, expenses or damages of any kind resulting from, in connection with, or arising from acceptance, receipt, delivery, use, nonuse, misuse, defect in, inability to use, possession, or loss of prize. Sponsor and Others shall not be liable to any Periodic Prize Winners or any other person for any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God; any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entities (whether or not they prove to be valid); equipment failure; terrorist acts; earthquake; fire; flood; war; explosion; unusually severe weather; hurricane; embargo; labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal); labor or material shortage; transportation interruption of any kind; work slow-down; civil disturbance; insurrection; riot; or any other cause beyond Sponsor’s sole control. As a condition of participating in this Contest, each Entrant agrees to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and Others from and against any injuries, death, losses, costs, expenses, damages, claims, judgments, causes of action and any liability of any kind in connection with, resulting from or arising from this Contest, participation in this Contest, including without limitation, acceptance, receipt, delivery, possession, use, misuse, inability to use, defect or nonuse or loss of the prize that may be awarded. Sponsor and Others shall not be responsible or liable for entries that are entered by other than human means (such as by an automated computer program or any non-human mechanism, entity, or device), in excess of the stated limit, or for entries that are late, forged, destroyed, lost, misplaced, stolen, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, garbled, or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules, and all such entries will be disqualified. By playing this Contest, each Entrant agrees: (i) to be bound by these Official Rules and by all applicable laws and decisions of Sponsor and Administrator which shall be binding and final; (ii) to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to these Official Rules; (iii) to waive all of his/her rights to bring any claim, action, or proceeding against any of the Sponsor and Others in connection with this Contest; and (iv) to forever and irrevocably release, defend, indemnify, and hold harmless each of the Sponsor and Others and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively the “Releasees”), from any liability (including, but not limited to, liability for defamation, libel, slander, invasion of privacy, infringement of publicity or any intellectual property rights, any property loss, damage, personal injury, bodily injury, death, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity, and any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, punitive or exemplary damages of any kind even if the Releasees have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damages), costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable outside attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with: (a) this Contest, including but not limited to any Contest-related activity or element thereof, and the Entrant’s entry, participation or inability to participate in this Contest, (b) the violation of any third party privacy, personal, publicity or proprietary rights, (c) typographical errors in these Official Rules or any Contest materials, (d) acceptance, attendance at, receipt, participation in, delivery of, possession, defects in, use, non-use, misuse or inability to use a prize (or any component thereof), (e) any change in the prizing (or any components thereof) due to unavailability, business or creative considerations, or due to reasons beyond Sponsor’s control, including but not limited to by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not such action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened or actual terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond any of the Sponsor and Others’ control, or as otherwise permitted in these Official Rules, (f) any interruptions in or postponement, cancellation, or modification of this Contest, (g) human error, (h) incorrect or inaccurate transcription, receipt or transmission of any part of the entry (including, without limitation, the information or any parts thereof), (i) any technical malfunctions or unavailability of the Promotion Pages or any telephone network, computer system, computer online system, computer timing and/or dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or Internet service provider, or mail service utilized by any of the Sponsor and Others or by an Entrant, (j) interruption or inability to access this Contest, the Promotion Page or any other Contest-related web pages, or any online service via the Internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems, (k) any damage to Entrant’s (or any third person’s) computer and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of this Contest, (l) any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, defects, and/or any other errors or malfunctions, (m) any late, lost, stolen, mutilated, misdirected, illegible, delayed, garbled, corrupted, destroyed, incomplete, undeliverable or damaged entries, (n) any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of the Sponsor and Others, or any of their agents or employees, (o) cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carrier(s), or other transportation companies, hotel(s), or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations to passengers including any results thereof such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same, (p) lost, stolen, damaged, delayed, or misdirected baggage, (q) lost, late, stolen, misdirected, damaged or destroyed prizing (or any element thereof), (r) the collection, use and/or sharing of Entrant’s personally identifiable information by Sponsor or its designees or (s) the negligence or willful misconduct by Entrant. The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
8. DISPUTES: THE CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF CANADA. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (2) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (3) ENTRANTS’ REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
FURTHER, ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE CONTEST, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION.
ENTRANTS ARE NOTIFIED AND AGREE THAT ANY CLAIMS THAT THEY WISH TO ASSERT AS SET FORTH HEREIN MUST BE BROUGHT WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR OF THE END OF THE CONTEST PERIOD OR THEY WILL BE BARRED AS UNTIMELY.
11. GENERAL: By entering this Contest, participants agree to abide by and accept these Official Rules throughout this Contest Periods and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest. Entrants waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules. In no event will more Prizes be awarded than are stated in these Official Rules. In the event that due to technical, typographical, mechanical or other errors, there are more potential Prize Winners than are stated in these Official Rules, a random drawing among the claimants will be held to determine the Prize Winners. All federal, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, this Contest and proceed in a manner it deems fair and reasonable, including the selection of Winners from among all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Sponsor reserves the right, to disqualify any individual found, in its sole opinion, to be tampering with the operation of this Contest; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of this Contest. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third party or like methods to participate in this Contest will void any attempted participation effected by such methods and the disqualification of the individual utilizing the same. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. All entries and/or materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor and Others are not responsible for any lost, late, undeliverable/undelivered, or postage due mail. Void wherever restricted or prohibited by law. Federal, provincial and local taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of winner. Sponsor will ship prize directly to the winner upon receipt of signed Agreement and Release. In the event of any conflict with any Contest details contained in these Official Rules and Contest details contained in Contest Materials (including but not limited to point of sale, television, and print advertising, promotional packaging, and other promotion media), the details of the Contest as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
QUEBEC RESIDENTS: Any litigation respecting the conduct or the organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement. By submitting an entry, that entrant agrees to the contest rules including all conditions stated therein. The Sponsor and those associated with the Sponsor will bear no legal liability, expressed or implied, regarding the use of winning Submissions by the Sponsor and THE SPONSOR SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY A WINNER IN THE EVENT IT IS SUBSEQUENTLY DISCOVERED THAT THE WINNER HAS DEPARTED FROM OR NOT FULLY COMPLIED WITH ANY OF THE CONTEST RULES.
12. WINNER’S LIST: For a list of prize winners, interested individuals should visit http://www.bosch-home.ca/en/experience-bosch/writereview/review-contest-winners up to two weeks after the Contest closes. This announcement will remain on the site for 2 weeks post announcement.
Customer service inquiries can be made at Contact Us on the http://www.bosch-home.ca/en homepage.
These Official Rules may not be reprinted or republished in whole or in part without the prior written consent of Sponsor.
© 2018 BSH Home Appliances Limited. All rights reserved.